Ecumenical Structures in KwaZulu Natal Province, South Africa – Map
WHERE WE WORK
KwaZulu-Natal has ecumenical structures to serve all areas of the province, working in partnership with the KZNCC:
- the Diakonia Council of Churches, serving the eThekwini and Ilembe Districts
- the KRCC (KwaZulu Regional Christian Council), serving the Uthungulu, Umkhanyakude and Zululand Districts
- the MCC (Midlands Christian Council), serving the Umgungundlovu District
- the SKZNCC (Southern KwaZulu-Natal Christian Council), serving the Harry Gwala and Ugu Districts
- the TAMCC (Thukela, Amajuba and Umzinyathi Christian Council), serving the Uthukela, Amajuba and Umzinyathi Districts.
Of these structures, the Diakonia Council of Churches, the KRCC and TAMCC are independent of the KZNCC but affiliated to it. The MCC and SKZNCC are in the process of becoming independent. In addition, the CLP (Church Land Programme), PACSA (Pietermaritzburg Agency for Christian Social Action), Vuleka Trust and the YMCA (Young Men’s Christian Association) are member organisations.