THUKELA-AMAJUBA-MZINYATHI CHRISTIAN COUNCIL
JOB ADVERT FOR MANAGER
Job Purpose: To lead and direct the staff and work of the TAMCC so as to achieve the vision, mission and goals of the organisation and to develop an appropriate public image for the organisation.
The TAMCC is a fellowship of churches and church based organisations in the Ladysmith area of KwaZulu-Natal Province. TAMCC and its members seek to express their Christian faith in responding together to social, political and economic justice challenges facing the region. It seeks to build strong ecumenism in the region through initiating and supporting local ecumenical structures; networking, facilitating and enabling of churches and para-church organisations to make effective extensive networks and interventions on social, economic and political problems, focusing on (1) good governance and active citizenship (2) health and HIV and Aids, (3) healing of memories and reconciliation, and (4) economic empowerment (poverty eradication).
The TAMCC invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for a position of Manager: TAMCC.
The successful candidate will:
– be a highly motivated person of vision with at least a 3-year tertiary qualification;
– have over 3 years experience in working with the ecumenical movement as well as in civil society;;
– be in possession of a valid driver’s license and willing and able to travel extensively in the province and further afield to promote TAMCC;
– be computer literate and with excellent written and oral communication skills;
– in possession of a minimum of 3 years experience at senior management level;
– have a good record of accomplishment in fundraising in the NGO sector.
Key Function/Responsibility 1:
Overall organisational management
Key Function/Responsibility 2:
Key Function/Responsibility 3:
Ensuring that the aims and objectives of the TAMCC are achieved.
Key Function/Responsibility 4:
Human resource management and development
Key Function/Responsibility 5:
Development of communication strategy
– An appropriate remuneration commensurate with the strategic nature of this appointment shall be negotiated.
A motivation letter together with your curriculum vitae and three referees should reach: The CEO, email@example.com or 50 Langalibalele Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3201, or P.O. Box 2035 Pietermaritzburg, 3200 by the 15th of November 2015. Please note that if you have not heard from KZNCC by the 20th of November 2015, consider your application as unsuccessful