KZNCC BOOKKEEPER JOB DESCRIPTION
KwaZulu Natal Christian Council (KZNCC) is looking for a bookkeeper. This is a 2-year position depending on funding availability and performance. For more information on KZNCC refer to www.kzncc.org.za
JOB TITLE: KZNCC BOOKKEEPER
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- A tertiary qualification in finance/ bookkeeping
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Computer Literacy (Ms office: Excel and Pastel V 18)
- Time management and working under pressure
- Must be deadline driven and own a drivers’ license
- Outstanding Verbal and communication skills
- Bookkeeping, data processing of KZNCC accounting records (Cashbook, Debtors and Creditors) to
Trial Balance using Pastel Accounting Program
- Recording and maintaining the KZNCC general ledger Reconciliations
- Weekly bank Reconciliation and payroll Administration
- Ensuring that suppliers’ invoices are supported by a proof of delivery as approved
- Timeous preparation for monthly financial reporting
- Performing administration duties relating to finance Department as delegated by the Finance Manager
- Filing of soft and hard copies of KZNCC financial documents
- Capturing receipts and invoices in the correct accounting period and ensuring correct allocation
- Responding to telephone Calls mainly relating to Finance Department and book keeping
- Following up on, and recording KZNCC membership fees
- Controlling petty cash expenditure and maintaining an adequate float on the imprest system.
- Preparing banking and ensuring that cash is banked regularly as required.
- Preparing payment requisitions for cheque payments.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving and ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Inter-personal skills and ability to work with teams of workers from diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Self-starter and ability to work without supervision
Required Languages: English and IsiZulu languages
Travel: The successful candidate will be based at 50 Langalibalele Street. The job requires quarterly travel to various parts of KwaZulu Natal to support project partners.
Accountability: The Bookkeeper is accountable to the KZNCC Finance Manager.
Time: The successful candidate will start immediately or by beginning of April 2020.
Remuneration: R11 000 Monthly all inclusive.
KZNCC talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable people from abuse and exploitation. KZNCC is the Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, submit your CV and a motivation letter to the Chief Executive Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org by 09 March 2020 or hand deliver at 50 Langalibalele Street, Pietermaritzburg.