Coordinator: Dr Phumlani Majola
The KZNCC uses the Church’s unique structure and presence in all communities to mobilise people and resources. The aim is to build strong ecumenical involvement in issues of governance, democracy and human rights. The programme works closely with tertiary institutions and seminaries on research, facilitation and documentation.
• Focussing on the current dynamics of Church – State relations;
• Promoting effective Church participation in national, provincial and local government elections;
• Mobilising Churches and Church organisations to demand and monitor the delivery of basic services;
• Focussing on issues of good governance and effective leadership in Church, government, business and other public offices.
• Promoting accountability, transparency and rule of law